A Collected Man is the leading online platform for discovering, buying, and selling the world’s most exceptional watches. We combine a high level of curation with genuine and thoughtful content, in one of the most promising second-hand markets.
Thanks to our approach, we’ve managed to disrupt the high-end corner of the watch market, for the rarest and most valuable pieces. Whilst the kinds of watches we handle would traditionally have been traded between private collectors, or appear at auction, we’ve brought these to a new, global audience. We hold the record for the most expensive independent watch ever publicly sold, at £5.5 million, for a Philippe Dufour Grande et Petite Sonnerie.
Despite being based in London, our clients are spread throughout the world, from San Francisco to Hong Kong. More than three quarters of our watches are sold to collectors in North America and Asia, reflecting the global reach of our online model and the strength of our reputation. We’re currently a team of 14 people – excluding our office dog, Annabelle – from eight different countries, and we’re continuing to expand even further this year, as our business goes from strength to strength.
We are currently hiring for the following position:
As Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring that watches flow in and out of the business, and that our buyers and sellers receive a high level of customer service in the process. Since our business focuses on pre-owned watches and operates at a global scale, every shipment has its own complexities which must be carefully and thoughtfully managed. As a result, you will be expected to be organised, detail oriented and highly adaptable.
You will be expected to take ownership of all the logistical aspects of the business and put in place new processes for key logistical tasks, whilst working closely with our Head of Operations. Considering the growing nature of our business, you may also be expected to eventually train and manage another Logistics Coordinator, to meet the increasing number of watches passing through our hands. A Collected Man is growing quickly and presents a lot of opportunity to grow within it, for someone with an entrepreneurial and hands on attitude.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Arrange and oversee the inbound shipment of watches, from collectors and sellers all over the world. This would involve arranging shipments through courier online portals, ensuring any customs requirements are met, and monitoring the progress of inbound shipments to avoid delays and proactively address issues.
- Manage the reception of watches in the office, by unpacking them, carefully cataloguing all the items included, taking condition photographs, and ensuring that the watch and its accompanying materials are stored in the correct location.
- Arrange and oversee the outbound shipment of watches, by gathering daily orders which need to be shipped out, packaging them securely to our high standards, and arranging for collection.
- Coordinate with our network of watchmakers and brands to organise the secure shipment of watches to and from their workshops.
- Frequently liaise with shipping companies (DHL, Ferrari Group, and others) to address any issues and ensure security, timeliness, and an excellent customer experience for our clients.
- Monitor the progress of all watches along the value chain, from sourcing to after-sales. This would require being constantly aware of the status of all watches, paired with a high degree of proactivity in actioning certain tasks from departments across the business.
- Put in place operating manuals for all logistics related tasks (arranging inbound shipments, unpacking watches, packing watches, arranging outbound shipments etc.)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the role would have to be based in London, United Kingdom.